End of Course Reflection- Google Applications


 

Joining the Edtech Cohort 12 Training might have to be one of the best decisions I made so far this year. I was hesitant at first because it seemed like a challenging course, but it's really more of a hands-on and informative kind of training. Throughout the five weeks of learning about Google Applications, I got to learn the basics of using Google Calendar, Keeps & Tasks, Gmail, Docs, Drive, Sheets, Slides, Forms, Image Search, Maps, Earth, and now ending it with Sites and Blogger. 

Most of theses Google Applications have been apps that I've been using when I was going to school, but now is something I use on a daily basis at work. Google Keeps and Tasks were apps that I didn't use, only because I didn't have any knowledge of its use or purpose. Now that I know they are both used to set reminders and keep you in check with any tasks that need to be done, I find it to be important and useful. I also like how it can be linked to any device I plan to use, as long as I am logged into my Gmail account. Lastly, I like how we can see and share files in real-time, it makes it easier to work and collaborate with one another when we can all see the same information.

In my workplace, I use Google Apps to collect useful data, for example when I need to track family goals, I would use Google Sheets, so I can better see how I can provide resources to my families. Or I when I need to track health documents to remind parents of when they need to update them. We would use Google Slide to create presentations for our parent meetings that's held every other month. And most importantly, Google Docs, which is one of the main apps that I use to create resources for my families as well sharing documents with my colleagues.

One Google App that I would like to learn more about would be Google Classroom. Although it wasn't an app that we got to learn about or an app that I use in my workplace, but I would still like to have some basic knowledge of it so I'm able to help those who aren't familiar with the app. 


Comments

  1. I totally agree with your post! The content we learned in this course will definately benefit us in the long run -- at work and at home.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Importance of Taking Care of Your Mental Health

Dive into the CNMI PSS Head Start/ Early Head Start Program