EdTech Program

 



Self Reflection

My overall thoughts on the Ed Tech program is that it offered many great tools, resources, and applications that will be of great help for both educators and admin staff of the education world. When I first read about the courses we will be learning about, I was quit frightened because I feared that it would be too difficult and time consuming for me. Now that I've made it to the end, with many unforeseen circumstances that came with it, I now realized it wasn't so bad. I say that because despite the challenges I faced, I now see how useful the skills we learned have been for me. The hands-on activities and step-by-step guidance from the instructors also made it an enjoyable, fun, and less stressful experience. I hope these same skills will be helpful for future Ed Tech participants too.

Among the many topics that we've learned in the past 8 months, the topics within the Digital Citizenship course were pretty challenging. There were so many information to take in about using technology in a responsible and appropriate way, but were all important to learn about to not only protect ourselves, but students too. These were challenging topics because there's only so much we can do as educators and parents to protect our children, that we can only control the kind of information we discuss with them in regards to being responsible digital citizens.

The most important lesson I learned is the importance of being open to learning a variety of topics, skills, and ideas, even if it makes you uncomfortable. I say that because you never know what topics or ideas will bring out the best in you, whether it be about creativity or being knowledgeable of something. In general, being open to new things allows you to unlock unimaginable opportunities that will last a lifetime.

Overall, the program will definitely benefit me in my workplace. With the skills and tools I learned I will be able to work more efficiently and effectively. For instance, I'm able to create more visual appealing and interactive content that colleagues and students can use. With colleagues, I now know how to keep them engaged and be more collaborative with one another. Lastly, I like that there are new ways for me to complete tasks in a fast and simple manner, making preparation time smoother and completion faster. 

It has been a great experience to be apart of this advance learning program and have the opportunity to work closely with many great educators across the CNMI. I'm also grateful to have had instructors that were understanding and open to offer support where it is needed.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Importance of Taking Care of Your Mental Health

End of Course Reflection- Google Applications

Dive into the CNMI PSS Head Start/ Early Head Start Program